Sunday, June 3, 2012


My husband has fed me “salt” for seven years.  Heaping spoonfuls of lies and deceit given to me to cover his ever growing sex addiction.  I was told lies from the beginning, because the addiction began way before I entered his life but I didn’t question.   I didn’t know then, what I know now.

 I can never go back and do it over and save him or us. I am changed forever, so I need to have it make me better.  I need to make it something that is worth the pain.  To learn to heal and to help others as well as myself.

Salt, when ingested in major quantities will be toxic, but it’s also a purifying agent.  I am just beginning my personal recovery from his sex addiction.  Ironic isn’t it!  I want to take the “salt” that has ruined my life and I want to learn how it will make me stronger.  I don’t want to break under his burden.  But I am not sure how to do that because I am broken.  He took a filthy crowbar to my life, my dreams and my little family.  This blog will be my real life experiences trying to navigate a problem that is sadly way too common.

1 comment:

  1. Such wise observations. I know you will make this salt make you stronger. You're already well on your way.

    ReplyDelete